Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Return of Spirograph

A few years ago, I wrote up a post about my surprise at what happened to the original Spirograph set. I couldn't seem to find anything that resembled what I played with as a kid and the current sets seemed to be quite different. Alas, the other day, I stumbled on this and this and this. Apparently, the "original" Spirograph is back, albeit with mixed reviews.

Some reviewers complained about the use of putty instead of pins like the original set, while others mentioned warped wheels. Maybe someone with a 3D printer should come up with some new wheels and or try out different shapes to see their effects on the designs. Either way, these sets look a lot like the original, sans pins. Add a piece of corrugated cardboard and things would be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment